Our Speech Therapy department has special interests in the assessment and treatment of Pre-School age and School age children, targeting the following areas:
- Articulation/Phonology Disorders – Mispronounciation of sounds/words
- Language Disorders, Differences, and Delays
- Auditory Processing Disorders – Difficulty in number and word recall, story memory, following instructions
- Phonological Awareness Difficulties – The ability to break down and manipulate sounds in order to generate and read words
- Fluency Disorders – Stuttering of sounds and words
- Oral Motor Disorders
- Literacy Difficulties – Reading, Writing, Spelling
- Developmental Delay – Delay in reaching developmental milestones eg. Speech-Language or hearing milestones
Our Audiology department is equipped with the latest in diagnostic audiology equipment allowing us to offer the following services:
- Hearing Screenings
- Hearing tests
- Education on Hearing Health & Well Being
Bridget De Canha
Bridget De Canha Speech Therapy & Audiology received her B.A Honours Degree in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology from the University of the Witwatersrand.
She carried out her community service year at Alexandra Health Clinic and Hilbrow Health Clinic, assessing and treating patients with Cerebral Palsy, Developmental Delay, Stroke , Traumatic Brain Injury, Learning Impairments, Hydrocephalus, and HIV. Bridget also conducted hearing screenings, hearing aid evaluations, fitting, and orientation, Aural rehabilitation and habilitation.
Bridget currently runs her private practice at Off Nicol Health Wellness and Rehab as well as various schools in the Northern suburbs.
Bridget provides both Speech Therapy and Audiology services.